Friday, August 29, 2008

Wardle Competitiveness

After reading my sister-in-law's latest blog, (Erika), I am beginning to fear for the future of my children. What if this is some wierd genetic defect that takes place in Wardle's? My 10 year old son, Jeffrey is very freaked out that another boy in his webelos troop, (who happens to be 3 month's older than Jeffrey), will be getting the final 2 pins that he needs to receive all 20. Jeffrey only has about 4 left, but he wants to be the first one done in his group. Any suggestions on how to overcome this genetic disorder?

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Fortunately, I am married to one of the few Wardles who didn't get this trait. And, my children don't seem any more competitive than the next little boy, especially compared to their cousins. So, I really have no advice for you, sorry!

Erika W said...

Unfortunately, speaking as one who is both married to a super competative freak and has given birth to two ultra competative children, I regret to inform you that there is no cure. Only survival.