Thursday, August 28, 2008

Football Season is upon us

Many of you know of my infactuation with statistics and sports (especially college football). You also might know that I try to get everyone to predict the scores of games each week. Seriously, I've been doing this for as long as I can remember. Long before I knew better, I followed BYU football religiously. I used to pass around my prediction sheets for BYU football games in my classes when I was in middle school, and on up through high school and beyond. Yes, I'm weird, and yes, I'm a geek.
I just had the idea now to use my blog to get more predictions from everyone that wants to participate. Maybe this year I'll even give out a prize to the weekly winner (if and when I see you afterwards). It'll probably be a candybar or something, tell me what you like.
So with that said, the games this week are:
Northern Iowa @ BYU (Sat 4PM),
USU @ UNLV (Sat 8PM),
and Utah @ Michigan (Sat 1:30 PM).
So if you want to participate, give me your score predictions (how many points each team will score). Tell your husband, wife and/or kids to post their predictions also. And what candybar you like if you win. The person with the fewest combined points off in all games wins the loot. I'll post the overall winner each week. I imagine most of the predictions will probably still come offline (at least at first).
Go Aggies!

4 comments:

Erika W said...

USU 17 UNLV 31
BYU 38 N Iowa 10
Utah 10 Michigan 14

Jason

Anonymous said...

USU 28 UNLV 24
Go Aggies!!!
BYU Who cares?? Not me!
UTah Who cares?? Not me again!

Erika W said...

Scott, If you don't get some serious hits today you might have to go back to the old-fashioned paper predictions. Just sayin...

Erika W said...

I can't believe you used my blog to leave a shameless plug for your own blog. What kind of person are you? Competative, maybe? Shameful!