Monday, August 25, 2008

Jeffrey's now in 5th grade

Jeffrey is now in 5th grade, and although he has only completed the first 4 weeks, I am feeling overwelmed as his mother. I mean does anyone out there really know who the father of the United States navy is? This is only one of the 100 questions every American should know. I did a lot of book reports over the years in school, but his teacher wants them to be creative. Each month, a different type of book is required, like this month a fantasy book must be read, and the book report is an art and craft activity. So every month we will have to go thru this.
In addition to this, he has spelling words that have nothing to do with his spelling work book, so for once, he has to study these at home. There is also 20 vocabulary definations a week. He also had to know all 43 presidents. I'm sorry, sometimes I feel like I am overwhelmed with all that he has to do and it is not even my homework. So if anyone out there wants to learn about American History, I will make you a copy of his 100 questions. I only hope that I survive the year.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa, Tammy that's a ton of stuff. Even Becky didn't have to do all of that in her class and she's in an accelerated program! At least he'll know a bunch of info if he's ever on "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?"

Kristin Sokol said...

Just make Scott do it. That's what I'd do.

Stat Aggie said...

This is Scott --
Who asked you, Kristin?