Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vancouver, Canada

So as many of you know, Scott and I went to Canada in August. Unfortunately, our computer crashed, and we don't have the pictures any more of our trip. Trust me when I say it is so worth the trip.

We flew into Seattle, WA, and did some things there, and we also hooked up with our old roomies, Brian and Amy Clark. They are so awesome! They have 5 wonderful kids and are just as fun to hang with now as they were then.

We then drove into Vancouver which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive, (especially when you have a 2 month old that you need to stop and feed). Scott had a stat geek convention, or I guess it was really the SAS convention, but all the people look very similar. While we were there, we stayed in a fabulous hotel, which was only a few blocks away from the convention center. Every morning Scott would get up and go to his classes. Ainsley and I would get up and walk the city. (We avoided the streets that had the gay pride parade going on). We walked down to Gastown which had a very cool steaming clock. Another day, Ainsley and I walked to Chinatown, which is kinda in a scary part of town. There we were able to see the worlds thinnest building. I went again the next day with Scott and his co-worker, Russel, and they were shocked that I had dared to go by myself with Ainsley. ( I did this only because I didn't know how scary it would be until I was in the area. There are a lot of dirty bums in this area).

Scott and I also went to Stansbury park, this park is a definite must see. There is the aquarium, totem poles, swimming pools, beaches, restaurants, and much more. I recommend eating at the tea house. It was a little pricey, but eating outside on the patio in the evening is a definite must see. We had the most beautiful sun set to watch. The food was very pretty and was actually pretty tasty. We took a picture of our desert,(to make Kristin jealous, but when our computer crashed, bye, bye pictures). Of course since I was traveling with Scott, we also geo-cached. We were able to see a lot of neat things looking for these hidden treasures.

In case you are wondering, Ainsley was a fabulous traveling partner. She slept a lot, didn't complain for the most part when we were walking about. The worst part about traveling with her, is that so many people would stop and admire her when ever we took her out of her stroller/ car seat.

1 comment:

Darla said...

Great descriptive pictures Tammy. I saw it all in my mind, except how big was the world's tiniest building.