Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What's going on in Jeffrey's life








So much has been going on lately that we have neglected to do a blog lately. Jeffrey is now 12 years old and recently received the priesthood. This event for me was both kind of a happy and sad moment. Happy because I was excited for him to receive it finally and sad because this means that he is no longer my little boy.

He is also going to be getting his star in scouts in a couple of weeks. Scott told me that he worries that people might think that Jeffrey only is this far along because Scott was his scoutmaster, but if anything it made it harder to have Scott as scoutmaster. When Scott did Jeffrey's scoutmaster conference, he made Jeffrey write down and type his own goals. He didn't make anyone else do this. Jeffrey just always goes to scouts and we as his parents follow up on any homework that he needs to complete.

Jeffrey is also going to be testing for his high red belt on May 1st. Hopefully he is ready. His teacher says that he is, so we will see. Now Jeffrey just wishes that he would start growing. He hates being the smallest person in his class. Most people that don't know him think that he is only about 8 years old.

Jeffrey's school class also recently did A Midsummer's night's dream. Jeffrey got to play the part of Puck. He did fantastic! He was one of the few kids that you could actually hear. When I find the camera, I will add some pictures.

I know that this doesn't have anything to do with Jeffrey, but FYI the baby is due in less than 5 weeks. We still don't have a name picked out for her, in fact, the paper that we had been writing down names has gotten lost. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're on your own for baby names. We had a bunch picked out, but then had boys. Congrats on another lovely girl.

Ammon wishes he'd grow too; and Puck! Wow! That's major!

Kristin Sokol said...

He was one tough little monkey on the 26 mile bike race last Saturday!

Leslie said...

I am afraid my boys are going to be just like Jeffery, they will look like they are 8 when they are 12. The curse of the Wardle's. As for baby names, we almost used Brooke, but she just looked more like a Natalie. I have my cool baby name book if you want it.

Anonymous said...

I'm having my baby in a month, and I'm still not sure on her name either... I feel so unprepared! by the way, my brother Richie was always super short and his bishop thought he was going in for his baptism interview when he turned 12, but then he shot up his senior year and is now the tallest one in my family. so there is hope!! good luck with the baby!!!

(by the way, this is your cousin Jana if you don't know)