Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm going to be in trouble for this one

..... But it is something I just had to share.

How many of you have talked for so long with someone that your battery actually died?
Here's the scoop - I had just finished with scouts last night (a little orienteering and treasure hunting at the park next to our house). After I sucessfully corraled the kids back into the house with a little bribery, "Hailey, lets go set-up your new swimming pool! - PSYKE!", Tammy remembered she needed to drop off her visiting teaching report to her supervisor or whatever. It was about 8:45 by the time she left, and I figured she'd be right back (her VT supervisor doesn't seem to be the chatty type). By the time 10PM rolled around, the kids in bed and Tammy still not back, I started to get a little worried. I tried calling her phone. Nope, she left it at home. So I threw on a shirt with my sweat pants and hopped in the truck to peruse the neighborhood. She wasn't at the the VT supervisors house, so where could she be? After continuing thru the neighborhood a little more, I see her in the van chatting in front of the house of one of the nicer ladies in the ward. I pulled over to see what was up. Just lost track of time, I guess. ... Oh, and, "why won't the van start up again? Must have ran the battery out, while I was talking all this time. But the engine wasn't on .... how could?" I guess the key must have been in "accessory position". Anyways, good thing the lady's husband had jumper cables because I just don't have any at the moment. Guess I'd better get some before the next time this happens.
Note to all women who are prone to chat: Turn the key to 'Off' before you chat with another woman, or take the key out and put it in the purse. Or better yet, wear pants with pockets and put them in there. That way you won't lock them inside the car when you leave your purse there. Oh, and take your phone with you when you go somewhere. Comes in handy when you need to call for help or your husband needs to find out where you are.

I hope the couch is comfortable tonight!

Another note (off topic): If you are interested in going up to Brigham City and watching us in the bike tour, they are looking for volunteers and providing a free lunch and T-shirt to anyone that can volunteer for 4 hours. Just a thought.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

That is so funny. How was the couch? Tammy does have the gift of gab.

Anonymous said...

Well Scott, when the spirit prompts you to stop and have a chat, then you should. At least that is what they tell you in Relief Society. I am sure you have a very comfortable couch.

Unknown said...

Yes, when the Spirit prompts you should follow, much to the annoyance of many people around me right now.

On the other hand it's a funny story and yes, Tammy should kill you for posting it here.